It’s shortly after 7 p.m. on a Tuesday night, and state Sen. Scott Surovell (D-36) is working the Senate chamber to save the minimum wage incre...
The Westfield girls played the Centreville Wildcats on Feb. 14, the winner to take on the Madison Warhawks in the second round of the Concord...
Kyle Whippon and Sam Johnson combined for 36 of Westfield's 54 points and Westfield would advance to the second round of the Concorde Distr...
Del. Karrie Delaney (D-67) has passed 15 bills through the House of Delegates which will now be up for consideration by the Virginia Senate. Her po...
- 13th Annual Exceptional Schools Fair 2019 0 comments
- Integrity And Ethical Business Practices In Real Estate And Property Management 0 comments
- Sarku Japan Grand Opening Event at Dulles Expo Center Location, VA 0 comments
- Will Your Business or Organization Be Featured in the 2018-2019 Newcomers & Community Guide? 0 comments
- Be Part of the Pet Connection 0 comments
- Senior Living Special Focus edition publishing soon 0 comments
- Why a Regional Wage in Virginia?
- Del. Delaney Sends 15 Bills to Virginia Senate
- General Assembly Snuffs Marijuana Legalization Hopes for Now in Virginia
- Over 1,000 Democrat-Backed Bills Pass by Crossover in Virginia
- Fairfax County Government Center Reception Highlights Area Charities
- Westfield Bulldogs Girls Beat Centreville Wildcats
- Westfield Bulldogs Boys Knock Out Chantilly Chargers
- Oakton Cougars Beat Westfield Bulldogs, 56-41
- Chantilly Chargers Beat Westfield, 57-37
- Local Gymnast Lands on the Medal Podium
- Opinion: Column: One Step Forward, Hopefully Not Two Steps Backward
- Opinion: Commentary: Arriving at Crossover with Many Bills Moving in Virginia
- Opinion: Column: All Gowned Up
- Opinion: Commentary: Speaker Filler-Corn Statement on Passage of Virginia Values Act
- Opinion: Commentary: Natasha McKenna and the OneFairfax Imperative
Effort to raise minimum wage hits snag on Senate floor, leading to regional approach.
It’s shortly after 7 p.m. on a Tuesday night, and state Sen. Scott Surovell (D-36) is working the Senate chamber to save the minimum wage increase. This particular Tuesday isn’t just any day of the week. It’s the final deadline for Senate bills to cross over to the House, so the pressure is building as the clock winds down. Senators are tired and cranky, and they will be working past midnight.